Friday, September 6, 2013

In the Shady Place

I was outside sitting under the tree watching my little ones play. Shade is scarce in our yard, so the big maple out front is one of very few options if you want a reprieve from the heat.

It's a beautiful day here, bright and sunny, warm with blue skies and a few wispy clouds. I looked up, admiring the vibrant blue sky, and saw the leaves from the long branches blocking the direct sunlight from my eyes. It occurred to me how much God is like that maple tree. Here I am, sitting outside and enjoying all the beauty around me, but I'm protected from the blazing sun. Yes, it's hot out and I can still feel the heat. But I'm not scorching. And isn't God just like that? There may be troubling circumstances around you, you may see them, you may even feel them...but they won't overtake you. His goodness wraps around you and protects you from being scorched.

You are safely tucked in the shady place of God's love and faithfulness.

His Word says He'll never leave you or forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6). And Isaiah 43:2 says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you."

In life on earth there will be times of flood and times of heat & fire, but we are not alone and not without hope. The One who overcame this world is sitting at the right hand of the Father. How awesome is that!?! Rest in the shady place with Him today.


I'll leave you with one of my favorite Bible verses, Psalm 20:6-8:
 
Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of his right hand.
 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
 They are brought to their knees and fall,
    but we rise up and stand firm
 
 
********************************************************
 
Watch for more updates soon on our school year progress and more! Now that we have a new computer with a motherboard that isn't fried, and our family is over the stomach flu, I can finally get back to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment