Friday, June 14, 2013

My Love of Wreaths

If you know me at all, you know I have this thing for wreaths...



 
I love to make them, give them away as gifts, hang them on my front door, I just love them! And I get pretty bored with the same wreath after awhile, so I'm always looking for a new one to make. Thank you, Pinterest!

 


 
 
 
The above are all Pinterest inspired wreaths that I have made for myself and/or others. And below is my latest creation, which can currently be seen hanging on my front door.
 
 
I was surprised by how inexpensive it was to make. I bought the grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby for only 4.99 and I bought the flowers at Hobby Lobby, too (they were 50% off!). The burlap roll I also bought at Hobby Lobby, and I didn't use much at all to make the bow, which means I get to find something else fun to make out of it! The numbers were a bit harder to find, every craft store has wooden numbers, but most were either too big or too small. I found these at Wal-Mart with the mailboxes. They are lightweight and the perfect size. They are also self-adhesive! (I did add some craft glue, though)
 
All you need to make a wreath like this:
Grapevine wreath
Assorted flowers
Numbers
Ribbon of your choice or burlap
 
Inexpensive, easy, and looks cute on a front door! This would make a great wedding or housewarming gift!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment